February 10, 2018 - February 12, 2018
Family Day Long Weekend - What's Happening
Saturday, February 10, 2018
City of West Kelowna administrative offices will be closed for the BC Family Day long weekend, February 10 through 12, 2018.
Emergency and essential services will be provided. Transit will operate. Some recreational programs will be offered. Curbside waste collection will continue on its normal schedule.
The City of West Kelowna wishes you a happy and safe Family Day long weekend.
The following City of West Kelowna administrative offices will be closed:
- Municipal Hall at 2760 Cameron Road
- Operations Building at 3717 Elliot Road
- Utilities and Roads Building at 2570 Bartley Road
- West Kelowna Fire Rescue Administration Offices at 2708 Olalla Road
Offices will reopen by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
What Services Are Being Provided?
Fire/Rescue, First Response and Policing
In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Drainage, Sewer and Water Emergencies
In the event of a water main break, drainage issue, sewer back up or other utility emergency, please call 778-797-1000, extension 1.
Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre will be open for the Family Day long weekend as follows:
- Noon to 4 p.m.: Saturday, February 10, Sunday, February 11 and Monday, February 12
- Family Swim Day, noon to 4 p.m., Monday, February 12; admission: $5/family
- No classes or lessons are scheduled February 10 to 12
- Tot watch is not available
Seniors 55+ and 70+ Hockey and Kids Stick 'n' Puck 'n' Ring are cancelled Monday, February 12.
Public skating events are scheduled as follows:
- Saturday, February 10: Public and Family Skate; 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena; $4/per person or $12 per family (max. 2 adults)
- Sunday, February 11: Parent and Tot Skate; 1:30 to 2:30 at Jim Lind Arena; free, courtesy of the BCGEU
- Sunday, February 11: Public Skating; 2:45 to 4 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena; free, courtesy of the BCGEU
- Monday, February 12: Super Hero and Princess Skate to Fight Cancer; 10 a.m. to noon at Royal LePage Place; by donation; bring your family out to a magical skate in support of Pediatric Cancer Research, enjoy music and fabulous door prizes, and dress up as your favourite princess or super hero!
Join in our free, family dance party that’s fun for all ages. Enjoy the music of DJ Krucial K, fun party games and free refreshments:
- Monday, February 12
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Mar Jok Elementary School at 2101 McDougall Road
Please visit www.regionaldistrict.com/dogs
for service and contact information.
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage and recycling are being collected as per usual. Please see the Living Greener Calendar for details on whether you have a garbage only collection or a garbage and recycling pick up.
If you put your bins to the curb at the correct date and time, with the lid closed, and the collection was missed, contact our collection service provider to rearrange pick-up. OK Environmental Waste Systems can be reached at:
The Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre in West Kelowna and the Glenmore Landfill in Kelowna are open throughout the Family Day long weekend:
- Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre, at 2650 Asquith Road off Shannon Lake Rd, open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Monday; gates close at 3:50 p.m. Tipping fees apply. For more information visit www.regionaldistrict.com/recycle.
- Glenmore Landfill at 2710 John Hindle Drive off Glenmore Road, open 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. daily. Tipping fees apply. For information visit www.regionaldistrict.com/recycle.
No Drop In Gym Classes will be held Family Day long weekend.
For road service requests or inquiries for streets in the City of West Kelowna, excluding Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, please call AEL at 1-866-353-3136.
For matters related to Highways 97 and 97C and Westside Road, please call Argo Roads Maintenance at 1-800-663-7623.
For transit schedules throughout the Family Day long weekend, please visit: