For Immediate Release
March 03, 2017
Whether you’re looking for events like the Annual Easter Egg Scramble at Memorial Park, programs like Family Gym Night at Mar Jok Elementary, or your own free activities like hiking the popular Mount Boucherie Rush Trail, the 2017 Spring Recreation Guide is the place to start.
Go to www.westkelownacity.ca/recguide to browse and register for hundreds of programs being offered at municipal facilities and at public schools in partnership with School District 23. The guide also offers great suggestions for free, outdoor activities to take advantage of warmer spring days at numerous municipal and regional parks and trails throughout the City of West Kelowna.
Check out new programs like piano lessons at Mar Jok Elementary or drop in gym sports for kids and teens at George Pringle Elementary. Try your hand at pickleball at the new courts at Mount Boucherie Sports Fields. Or drop in at favourite programs like Stick and Puck and Ring at Jim Lind Arena or Twoonie Swims at Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre.
Paper copies of the guide can also be found at:
- Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre, 3737 Old Okanagan Highway
- Mount Boucherie Community Centre, 2760 Cameron Road
- Webber Road Community Centre, 2829 Inverness Road
- Westbank Library Branch, Westridge Mall, 31 – 2484 Main Street (Highway 97)
- West Kelowna Visitors’ Centre, 2376 Dobbin Road (Highway 97)
- Westside Seniors’ Centre, 3661 Old Okanagan Highway
- Westside Weekly’s Friday, March 3 edition
- Westside Youth Centre at Westbank Lions Hall, 2466 Main Street (Highway 97)