What if I require assistance to vote?

The City of West Kelowna must ensure its voting locations are as accessible as possible. In cases where accessibility issues are unavoidable, please consider the following solutions:

  • If you find it difficult to get into a polling station, please ask another elector who is entering the polling station to have an election official come out to speak with you. You may then ask that election official bring you a ballot - this is called curbside voting.
  • If you are unable to mark your own ballot, you may ask an election official, friend or relative to help you.
  • If you require a translator, please bring one with you.

Show All Answers

1. How do I register to vote?
2. Does the City of West Kelowna keep a voter registration list?
3. How many voters are eligible to cast ballots in the City of West Kelowna?
4. What if I require assistance to vote?
5. If I own more than one piece of property in West Kelowna, may I vote more than once?
6. If I live outside West Kelowna but own a property in West Kelowna, may I vote?
7. Do nonresident property owners register the same way?
8. What if I own a property with someone else and that person is living on the property and I am not?
9. Can I vote online?
10. Can I vote if I work or own a business in West Kelowna, but do not live in the municipality?
11. Can I run for Mayor or Council if I live outside the City of West Kelowna?
12. How much time must I commit if I am elected as mayor or councillor?
13. Why are local elections held every four years?
14. Is there anyone who cannot vote in a local election?