Do nonresident property owners register the same way?

No. Nonresident property owners may register at the voting place, however, if they choose to register at the time they vote, they must produce proof that they are the registered owner of the property. If they are one of two or more owners, they must also demonstrate, in writing, that they have the consent of the majority of all the owners to vote as the nonresident property elector. A nonresident voter may get consent of the majority of property owners in advance by filling out the Nonresident Property Elector Consent Form (PDF) and bringing it to the voting place.

Show All Answers

1. How do I register to vote?
2. Does the City of West Kelowna keep a voter registration list?
3. How many voters are eligible to cast ballots in the City of West Kelowna?
4. What if I require assistance to vote?
5. If I own more than one piece of property in West Kelowna, may I vote more than once?
6. If I live outside West Kelowna but own a property in West Kelowna, may I vote?
7. Do nonresident property owners register the same way?
8. What if I own a property with someone else and that person is living on the property and I am not?
9. Can I vote online?
10. Can I vote if I work or own a business in West Kelowna, but do not live in the municipality?
11. Can I run for Mayor or Council if I live outside the District of West Kelowna?
12. How much time must I commit if I am elected as mayor or councillor?
13. Why are local elections held every four years?
14. Is there anyone who cannot vote in a local election?